Name servers are very important for every domain by changing name servers one can manage domain with any hosting. Generally, we use changing name servers when we had bought domain from one provider and we are getting hosting from another provider. In that case, we need to follow the following process. Before starting the following process we need to make ready of Name Servers before starting the process.
Example: If Mr. Amit bought domain from Godaddy and his friend Mr.Bhushan is providing hosting who was from Bluehost, then Amit need to change the name servers of his domain.(Here Nameservers will be given by Bhushan)
What if if not change Domain name servers (DNS)? If we can’t change nameservers we are unable to use hosting from providers. Without hosting our website should not be live. So it is very important thing we need to do to connect hosting with other providers.
Step by step process
- Login to your Godaddy account
- Go to My products
- On adjacent to your Domain you will find an option called DNS
- Click on it and scroll down till you reach Nameservers
- There you will find Default, click on it and change to Change
- There enter your nameservers provided by the hosting
- Click on save
- It takes 5-10 minutes to reflect this and after that open new tab and enter your domain along with cpanel in serach bar. Eg: tallyclues.com/cpanel
- It asks you to enter username and password which was provided by hosting service provider
- Once you enter you will reach to Cpanel dashboard there you need to scroll until you reach Softaculous option
- Under Softaculous option you will find Scripts and just below that you will see WordPress, Jhumla etc., There you can click on which one you want.
- I prefer wordpress which is very easy for beginners to start, once you click on wordpress it ask you to Install now
- Once you click on install it opens a window showing some options.
- In that you will find an option called In directory in that you need to remove wp or else your website will be like this. Eg: abc.in/wp so that it is important to remove those letters.
- Scroll down you will find Admin settings there you need to give Admin Username and Admin password, which is useful to login to your website.
- Scroll down and save, once it was successful open new tab and enter your website along with wp-login. Eg:www.abc.in/wp-admin
- There you need to enter your admin username and password, after successful login you will see your website dashboard, where you can modify your website.
From Here you can modify your website. If you want to see this in video you can see here of how to change Domain Name Servers
To Login to your cpanel show below video
Please subscribe my YouTube channel Digital Venki.