Activate GST for Your Company
To use Tally.ERP 9 for GST compliance, you need to activate the GST feature. Once activated, GST-related features are available in ledgers, stock items, and transactions, and GST returns can be generated.
To enable the GST features:
Go to Gateway of Tally > Press F11 or select F11:Features (right bottom) it opens Company features page there select Statutory & Taxation or Press F3.
After entering into Statutory & Taxation it displays some options like GST,VAT,Excise Duty,Service Tax,TDS,TCS and PAN number…..
Enable Goods and Services Tax (GST) – Yes
Set/alter GST details – Yes, The GST Details screen is shown as below:
For Regular Dealers
- State : shows the state as the company details. This helps in identifying local and interstate transactions according to the party’s state. If you change the state here, the company details will get updated.
- Registration Type : Regular
- Assessee of other territory : Yes,if your business unit in located in the other territory.
- GSTIN : Enter GST number,this can be printed on invoices
- Applicable from : 1-Apr-2018
- Periodicity of GSTR1 : Monthly or Quarterly
- e-Way Bill applicable : YES with applicable date and Threshold limit(50000)
- Applicable for intrastate : YES
- Enable tax liability on advance receipts : Yes [to activate calculation of tax liability on advance receipts]
- Enable tax liability on reverse charge (Purchase from unregistered dealer) :YES [to activate calculation of tax liability for reverse charge on UnRegistered Dealer purchases]
- Set/alter GST rate details : Yes, then the screen appears
- Enable GST Classification : YES
- Provide LUT/Bond details : YES, enter the LUT/Bond No. , and Validity period
- Press ENTER to save.
In this blog we saw how to activate GST features of a Regular dealer.In next blog we can see how to activate for composite dealers.